Skip to main content

Tweet From Your Terminal

Hey there!!

Today I will be presenting a tool that allows you to access your Twitter account from your terminal, yep, type some commands and we can do almost everything that is possible in the browser with Twitter, sending DMs and tweets, checking profiles, followers, follow and unfollow people, etc

The tool I will be using is called "t". No it's not an abbreviation! :D

The tool is available on github, and it's created by sferik.



Step 1: Installing Twitter CLI:

In my case I will be installing it on a Debian Based Distro "Kali Linux"
So I'll be entering those commands:
$ sudo apt-get install ruby-dev
$ sudo gem install t


Step 2: Authorizing:

After installing the tool on my system, I will be entering this command so I can register an application with twitter
$ t authorize


Step 3: Creating an Application on Twitter:

After pressing enter, the Twitter Developer sign in page will appear, I will sign in with my twitter account. Then click create application, enter a name, description and a website.



Next, I navigated to the permissions tab, and clicked the radio button that gives me the permission to Read, write and access direct messages.



Finally, I navigate to the Keys and Access Tokens tab, copy my API Key and paste it in the terminal. The terminal will then ask for my API Secret so I'll copy it and paste it in the terminal. Click Enter and a Twitter page will open in my web browser asking me to authorize the app I just created to use my account.



When I click authorize app, a pin will appear, I'll copy it and paste it in the terminal. After pressing enter, everything is done! The tool is installed and now I can unleash the power and do all Twitter stuff from my beautiful terminal!


Step 4: Let's use it!

Type "t" and you'll get a list of all the commands you can use
$ t 


I'll try sending a tweet:
$ t update "Hello from the #terminal !"

Finally,,, 

Tweeting from the command line is pretty much awesome because it's so powerful as it can save time and can give stats and info in a very simplified way. Having the ability to use all functions of a website like Twitter through a command-line is unbelievable!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create Your Very Own Flappy Bird!

Wasted Time playing Flappy Bird?? Got Bored from playing it? Huh?? Then I guess it's time to create a brand new one by using some simple blocks!!! What I am going to present now is an easy 6 Steps Tutorial on how to create a new Flappy Bird Game from scratch without needing any experience on coding or designing! It's more than simple guys!! Just follow the tutorial on code.org/flappy ! Then after you finish creating your game, you can now share it with your friends!! If you do not believe me! You can try the one I made!! http://learn.code.org/sh/14784927 Good Luck... If you liked this post Comment and Share so your friends can know!

How To Create Your Own Graffiti

Hey All! Today I'am going to teach you how to create your own Graffiti words for free, with colorful, funky fonts!

Why What's App was Down for an Hour??

2 Days ago, 90% of what's app users experienced that their what's app messenger has been down for an hour, many people mentioned that it was going to be closed after Facebook has bought the application for 19$ Billion.... But in fact, the problem that caused this stopping for the application was: